Zoo Cologne


Few weeks ago I visited the Cologne Zoo. Actually my plan was to made some macro photos in the aquarium. There are really beautiful terrariums with snakes and lizards in this part of the Zoo. Because of Corona regulations the Aquarium was closed, so we decided to take a walk through the zoo. The weather was perfect but there was a strange mood. Nobody knew which behavior is the best in these situation. Everybody played it safe and I was surprised how good this works. There were just few idiots who don't give a shit about distancing. So we walked through the open parts of the zoo. 
Some buildings were closed like the tropical house and in the apes house were stricter rules. It's not a problem for me. I understand the risk for the society. A virus like COVID-19 is often without symptoms, so nobody knows who is really infected and for some people the disease is really dangerous. Especially older people die but also younger people died already and what consequential damages Corona does is not really known. I heard about sportsmen who was infected and now some stairs are a problem. Marathon runners who can't breath without problems. Active people who lives healthy are definitely not a risk group but also affected. Guys please thought about this. Maybe you don't get problems with Corona but your family, colleges or friends. Nobody knows so it's better to abide the rules. 
Today in Berlin another demonstration against this rules takes place. In my point of view is this just a kind of provocation. People demonstrate against rules which are against an disease. Some items of the demonstrators are especially against wearing masks and they fear a dismantling of the constitution. Really much different points are in the agenda of the demonstration, some are understandable, some other are absolute incomprehensible. I mean I understand the problems of people who lost their jobs and don't know how the next month will be. I absolutely understand this but if they demonstrate against rules which helps us to overcome the pandemic is from my perspective contra productive. If we get again more ill people the jobs are not reopen. The opposite will happen. They support with the demonstrations the spread of the disease.  
A discussion is with the most of the demonstrators not possible. They are more and more convinced that the state and the media fight against them. They don't believe in facts because they believe in her own bubble. Some guys exploit this situation for own targets. Right-wing parties and groups use such demonstrations for own aims. Another group of people who uses this situations are conspiracy theorists who see conspiracy's in pandemics, governmental decisions and other processes. In Germany some of the conspiracy theorists spread the fear that the government or other groups will change the system and install a dictatorship. Interesting is, that such conspiracy theorists often support parties and groups which definitely wants to change our system into a dictatorship. There are so many contradictions in their statements but they don't see this. They are blind to arguments and facts. A discussion will become toxic with such guys and I fear that at the end often stands violence.  They are trapped in their bubbles and often people with another mindset are enemies. What is the best way to handle this? I have no idea. I want to ignore such guys but on the other hand it is interesting to study such people. How you handle the problematic? Are you interested in such problems or is this not topic for you? Let me know.

Actually I wanted to write about animals in Zoos. Sorry I'm drifted. I will write about my thoughts about animals in zoo in the next post with animals. 






















   
 

 









Kommentare