Venedig XI


Next part of the Venice pictures. We were on our way back to the boat which brought us home. But first there were important places to visit. For me it was essential to stay in front of the well known library which is actually a church. Indiana Jones movies are one of my favorite series and I had to stand on this location where Harrison Ford leaved the sewerage. Yes I knew that the manhole cover was for the movies but to stand in front of the church is satisfactory enough. 

As we walked further, we arrived again at the ocean. Here we found a little super yacht. The 92 meter long Royal Romance which is actual one of the biggest ship in Monaco and that's saying something. The ship is owned by a Ukrainian oligarch which is connected to V. Putin as Wikipedia mentioned. Absolutely unbelievable that a ship which cost about 214 million Euro only have space for 14 passengers and needs 22 crew members. Some people needs definitely more luxury than we do. We are four people and have an camper which is based on a 6 meter long Fiat Ducado. And of course we are happy with that. Different worlds I think.

In contrast to the yacht we found an artwork from the street art artist Banksy. I think every one knows his balloon girl picture. This here is not so known. Banksy was few days before us here and did this artwork. It shows a child who hold a signal fire. I think this is a kind of protest and calls attention to the refugee problem. I would have just walked by because I didn't see this but there were some guys who talked about the picture. So I asked them what is so special on this artwork. They were art lovers and Banksy fans and traveled to Venice just because of this picture. I was surprised and we talked very long about Banksy and his pictures. Thank you guys for this interesting talk and the information I got from you. Without these people I couldn't show the artwork. And now I know a lot about Banksy, so every day is a school day. 





































Kommentare