Venedig X


When we arrived on the "backside" of Venice, we had walked back through narrow streets and romantic little bridges. Sometimes completely alone and sometimes with a crowd of people. If there is a special place like a church or a plaza you will meet many people. If you turn you will so fast alone especially in the narrow alley's. This is really interesting because in my opinion the alley's are nicer as some touristic magnets. Sure, there are absolute amazing churches and historic buildings but you will find the special flair if you walk through the narrow back-roads. Here you have more time and sometimes you find someone you can make small talk. 

Currently another topic is the Corona-Virus (COVID-19). Venice is also hit. The well known Venice-Carnival was canceled. Definitely the right decision to work against a rapid spread. I'm looking forward to see what happen next. I monitor the spread of COVID-19 since the beginning of January with a mobile phone app (Worldmeters). An interesting app if you like statistics. Anyway I monitor the spread as I mentioned. I'm not scared. I'm just interested in the spread, the politic decisions and the medical advances. What will happen if COVID-19 hit Europe like the flu? This can be a major impact in the economy and of course of the society. I saw pictures of Italy supermarkets in the affected areas. People prepped himself and bought many food and useful things. The shelves was empty and I thought what happen if an area like Berlin will be affected? How can we handle such a challenge? I think our instituted are well prepared and our system works well but this could be a difficult stress test. I'm curious what happens and I hope the impact of such a possible hazard are not serious. However I hope the best for northern Italy and that the government will get the situation under control and of course that the spread in Europe will not so immense.































Kommentare